The Women Deliver 2019 Conference will be the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. From keynotes to social enterprise pitches, workshops to film festivals, there will be countless opportunities to engage, gather inspiration, and build a more gender equal world.
World leaders, influencers, innovators, and change-makers, make each main stage plenary session memorable and provocative. Women Deliver plenaries are not about speeches and presentations—they’re about engaging dialogue that drives the agenda forward.
We are seeking the latest research and initiatives that demonstrate the impact of advocacy for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. In line with the Women Deliver Conference theme of “Power, Progress, Change,” submissions showcase the latest solutions-oriented research and evidence-based initiatives.
We welcome original work from representatives of all sectors — researchers, experts, advocates, enthusiasts, students, and industry professionals alike — documenting proven strategies to improve the lives of girls and women through advocacy.
Interested parties may submit an abstract for (1) research or scholarly work, or (2) an evidence-based initiative for a chance to present their poster at the Solutions Galleryat the Women Deliver 2019 Conference.
Aligned with the conference theme of “Power, Progress, Change,” abstracts should focus on demonstrating the impact of advocacy for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. Specifically:
Research abstracts should quantify the impact of advocacy by addressing data gaps, presenting new data, or building off of existing research from a different perspective. Evidence-based initiative abstracts should explain how the advocacy initiative or program demonstrates concrete results and/or solutions for girls and women.
The focus of the advocacy may align to any of the following topics:
- Understanding Gender and Power
- Political Participation
- Economic Participation
- Work and Home
- Media, Arts, and Pop Culture
- Meaningful Youth Engagement
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Maternal and Newborn Health
- Comprehensive Health
- Gender-Based Violence and Harmful Practices
- Advocacy and Accountability
- Humanitarian and Fragile Settings
- Environment/Climate Change
- Rural and Urban Issues
- Religion and Faith
- Resources: Land, Energy, Water, Sanitation
- Innovation and Technology
- Financing for Development
The Request for Poster Abstracts will open Tuesday, 16 October 2018 and close on Friday, 16 November 2018. The first 500 applications are guaranteed consideration.
- Request for abstracts open: Tuesday, 16 October 2018
- Request for abstracts deadline: Friday, 16 November 2018
- Accepted abstracts announced: February 2019
- Final poster submission deadline: Friday, 5 April 2019
- Women Deliver 2019 Conference begins: Monday, 3 June 2019
- Poster presentations on site at the Solutions Gallery: Tuesday through Thursday, 4-6 June 2019
Eligibility Criteria to submit an abstract:
- Abstract content must be advocacy and solutions-oriented related to improving gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women
- Abstract content must be new and current (Exceptions include if data came from a longitudinal study that recently ended or is still ongoing, or if older data are relevant for comparison to demonstrate progress and innovation)
- Research studies must follow country’s ethical review procedures (i.e. Institutional Review Board protocol)
- Abstract must be submitted in English, using the online form
- Your abstract must be new and unpublished. (An abstract previously published or presented at a conference or meeting can only be submitted if there are new methods, findings, updated information, or other valid reasons for submitting, with justification.)
- You have been involved in the research or evidence-based initiative described in the abstract and are able to present the content in English at the Women Deliver 2019 Conference should your abstract be selected
- You have a proficient level of computer skills for submitting a digital poster using the official poster hosting platform if accepted