WomenStrong International invites you to this special event hosted by The Coalition for Adolescent Girls as we bring together thought leaders and implementers to discuss the power of groups in building girls’ leadership and life skills.
Join us for networking and dialogue about the importance of peer groups for girls -- come ready to share knowledge and resources on tools for girls’ successful development.
A panel-led conversation featuring experts in adolescent development will focus on the vital importance of sisterhood in building girls’ protective assets and on best practices for running adolescent girls’ groups. Useful tools and resources to promote Girls’ Clubs will be shared, including WomenStrong’s new Strong Girls Make Strong Women Handbook, which builds on the experience of WomenStrong members working with over 10,000 girls and boys in India, Kenya, Ghana, and Haiti and incorporates best practices of renowned youth development and life skills education specialists worldwide.
- Dr. Chisina Kapungu, Senior Gender and Youth Specialist, ICRW
- Miriam Temin, Team Leader, Evidence into Policy & Practice, Population Council
- Amy Collins, Senior Adolescent Programming Specialist, Global Impact and Engagement Team, World Vision International
- Kirsten McCullers, Policy Lead, Coalition for Adolescent Girls, and Senior Program Officer, Girl Up
- Ahila Devi, Director of EMPOWER:WomenStrong Madurai (Madurai, India)
- Julia Fan, Program and Knowledge Manager, WomenStrong International
- Dr. Susan M. Blaustein, Founder/Executive Director, WomenStrong International
Please RSVP so we know to expect you at ICRW’s Office, Suite 500N.
Date And Time
Tue, April 30, 2019
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
International Center for Research on Women
1120 20th Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20036